Allied health services Mandurah
Physiotherapy, psychology and counselling services for women and children
We offer allied health services to women and children in Mandurah and the Peel region.
Physiotherapy for women
Physiotherapy is available for pregnancy and postnatal conditions including:
- Pelvic pain
- Back pain
- Neck, rib or thoracic pain
- Wrist pain
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Separation of abdominal muscles
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Painful episiotomies, tears or scars
- Continence problems
- Exercise advise and prescription
- Tens rental for labour
- Labour preparation and relaxation
After your baby is born, it is recommended that you seek advice from the physiotherapist if:
- Your baby was larger than 4kg or had a head circumference of 36cm or more
- Your baby was born with the assistance of either forceps or vacuum
- You had a third or fourth degree tear
- You feel a dragging or heavy feeling around the vagina
- You still have pain and/or swelling at or around your stitches site
- You have painful and/or swollen haemorrhoids
- You experience loss of bladder or bowel control or sensation
- You have back or pelvic pain
- You have mastitis
- You have a gap of more than 2 fingers width between your abdominal muscles
- You would like to return to high impact sport
The physical changes from pregnancy to your abdominal muscles and pelvic floor occur over the 9 months of pregnancy and during the birth, and research is showing that your postnatal recovery is still occurring between 6 – 12 months after birth, or longer. This will depend also on how well you have been able to do your postnatal exercises during this time.
This means that you can benefit from postnatal physiotherapy 1 year, 2 years, 5 or more years after pregnancy and birth if your abdominals are still weakened and stretched, or you have any pelvic floor issues.
Psychology services for women and children
If you find certain aspects of your life difficult, rest assured you are not alone. At Nest Medical, we work respectfully and collaboratively with you to discover the source of the problem and explore realistic options for coping and how to put in place change mechanisms to help resolve and overcome the issues.
Why meet with a psychologist?
Life can be hard and tough. Everyone’s situation is unique. Daily tasks such as your job, housework, and family occasions, can become increasingly overwhelming and leave you feeling drained/exhausted and unable to cope.
At Nest Medical, our psychologist works with children, adolescents and adults.
Our aim is to help:
- Create a healthy mind
- Improve your well-being, outlook and attitude
- Overcome hurdles
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Define what is bothering you
Our interests include working with individuals experiencing difficulty with:
- Difficulties with pregnancy
- Fertility issues
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health
- Adjustments to the various stages of parenthood
We use different approaches depending on the patient. This may include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Motivational Interviewing
Counselling services for women and children
You may be experiencing struggles in your life and are unsure of how to move forward. Depression, anxiety, addiction, and relationship issues may all be taking their toll and you want some positive way forward.
Rise Counselling knows only too well that compassionate counselling can provide relief, strategies, and help with goal-setting that can turn your life from a struggle into a fulfilling journey.
Whatever the reason you are looking for some guidance and solution-focused therapy, we can help you – and you will leave with hope.
Ring: 0407 986 217 or email: email@example.com